Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dr Media

My friend was feeling very ordinary the other day. She complained of feeling a little run down and a bit flat.

“Maybe I should go to the doctor?’ she said after 2 days.

“…and see someone that read text books composed by someone else whom they probably have never met and more than likely graduated more than a decade ago?’
She laughed and proceeded to make an appointment anyway.
3 hours later and $90 out of pocket my friend called me.
‘The doc thinks I could have Swine flu’

Isn’t it interesting that after more than 10 years studying and absorbing a wealth of information and practicing medicine for 5 years, this Doc was more influenced by what was circulating in the media at present than the last 15 years of her life.
My friend’s test results came back; she is ok and just burning the candle at both ends.

I was relieved because we had Mexican tacos for dinner the other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment